2012年12月18日星期二

New Click On The Other

It means I get to kick back in this little bungalow and really relax, check the net when I want to and eat when I want to without bracing myself for the string of Akun (no thank yous) that I have to deliver in the other Cambodian locations I stayed at. And when I not doing that or wandering around the headland path for a view of the sun going down North Face Outlet   I in my bungalow doing some editing, or some writting, or reading a book swinging in the hammock with the sound of the ocean in the background.

All in all a very peacefull and serene place and a great one, I think to get lost for a little while

Now there not as much photoshop done to these images as you might first think. Just some local contrast adjustment and colour tweaking, that it. The effect was achieved by the use of 3 strobes. The first two were standard rim lights set up behind and to each side of the model to provide separation between her and the black background. The third was the creative one, I actually had it shining up from the bottom through the crystal ball.

The setup was as follows: I started with a small round glass table used cloth to mask off around the edges and even most of the table top, just leaving a circle in the middle, the strobe was placed under the table and faced upward so that it would fire through that circle and not spill anywhere else. I then got a large glass bowl and a drinking glass both of the same height placed the drinking glass in the bowl and the crystal ball on the glass. I then filled up the bowl with hot water and dropped some dry ice The North Face Bionic  in the bowl of water for the smoke. The result being that with the smoke flowing out of the bowl of water and the crystal ball being of the same height of the bowl that the ball appears to be floating on smoke, with light coming from underneath through the table, bowl, glass and finally crystal ball to illuminate the smoke the models hands and face.

I wasn sure it would work before we tried it but couldn have been happier with the results. Often when you try playing around with ideas like this (and even less adventurous) some little thing you never figured on ruins everything and you have to play around a lot to get something decent out of the setup. This was one of the rare experiments that just WORKED, straight up.

When Beck contacted me a few weeks back to tell me she was going to be in NZ for a week and was keen to shoot I was dubious to say the least. Thing is I had a couple bad experiences with Beck pulling out on shoots we had organised previously, however she seemed very sincere in her desire to shoot it always good to give people 2nd chances when you can. Well she exceeded all expectations, it was a cold morning with temps Click On The Other   hovering around -5 to -10c and I can hardly recall a single complaint out of her. Last shot of this set isn how I like to depict women. It a bit objectifying and I like to shoot naked girls without trying to demean them in any way, but it was just shot as a pisstake and I think it good for a laugh, I had to really work Mikey to get that exaggerated Macho look out of him :)

没有评论:

发表评论